Monday, November 3, 2008

not your average work dream

It was this time of year, exactly: a couple of days after Halloween. I specifically rememberbecause I kept thinking of how OVER Halloween I was with every costume store and trick or treater that was still going around. Wel it started off like another work dream, and it was suuuper busy. I actually got really sick at work and was laying on the table in the kitchen SHAKING with a blanket over me and i said, "II'm so sick I don't even want to listen to a DISNEY SONG! I don't think I've ever said that in my life!" hahahaa... Alright, then, for some reason it was understood that some of us were plotting to leave Olive Garden through liability issues. This one girl left work and "got hit by a car" another "crashed her bike" and i guess, now that i think about it, mine was "getting extremely sick". we all were able to leave work and we were laughing the entire way as we ran with our freedom down this dirt road! Literally, in my head, I pictured all black and at the bottom it said "22 Months Later". hahahah.. Rochelle (this girl from work) and I had returned but we were CRAZY religious and healthy! our hair was nearly to the floor and we dressed in loooong white robes and didn't eat or drink anything but water and bread. So, she and I were sitting at the bar eating the breadsticks and drinking our water when this old man walked up. He began to criticize our lifestyle briefly and ordered TWO glasses of scotch in front of us, just to show that he didn't approve kind of thing. He asks me, "you think that you'll live longer eating like that? is your father still alive?" i replied, "no, i don't think so." and he said, "did he die eating like you?" and i said, "no he was more of a scotch man like yourself!" then as soon as i said that i looked and realized that IT WAS MY DAD. and i hadn't seen him in years upon years and i began to crrrryyyy into his shoulder! what's with all of these dreams where I'm crying??!?!

No comments: